Mr. Lisowski believes a leader guides and leads from the front; integrity, service, and striving to be the best are all equally important to him as our interim Riverside principal. Mr. Lisowski will strive to inspire and facilitate an atmosphere of positive energy in our school.
For the last 7 years, he's split my time between completing a Master’s degree in K-12 administration from Western Michigan University while being a long-term substitute teacher, a K-12 In-School Suspension Supervisor, and the K-12 Dean of Students at Gobles Public Schools.
Welcome to the Riverside Elementary School Website, home of the Falcons.
Updated for the 2018-2019 School Year:
It is the mission of Riverside Elementary School to ensure a safe, caring, and positive environment where ALL students will be held to high expectations and learn the skills to be successful academically and socially in life.
We believe that the most promising strategies for achieving the mission of our school is to continue to develop the capacity to function as a professional learning community. We envision a school in which:
- Staff is warm, inviting, and will create a respectful environment where students feel safe to take academic risks.
- Staff and Students will treat each other with respect.
- When students struggle, we will respond by holding all students to high expectations and provide opportunities in ways that work best for them, in order for students to meet the expectations, academically and behaviorally.
- Will seek out and implement promising strategies for improving student learning and monitor each student’s progress frequently.
- Staff and students will model an open-mindset and display empathy and compassion for others.
- Staff will work interdependently in collaborative teams to do what is best for kids.
- Staff will create an environment where all staff feels safe to try new and innovative ideas and will support each other when things don’t work out as planned. We will learn from our experiences.
In order to achieve our Vision and Mission, we as educators need to behave a certain way. We will:
- be respectful to all staff, students and families
- be motivated to continue to improve our practice
- be supportive
- have a positive attitude
- show compassion for others
- be professional
- be friendly and caring
- celebrate successes
- have collective efficacy
For technical questions and comments regarding this website, including accessibility concerns, please contact the Webmaster.